Hyper Acidity
What are the causes of hyper acidity?? And how can same be treated?? Does hyper acidity lead to stomach cancer?? Is Ocid-20 an effective medicine for Hyper Acidity, if yes what are the recommended dose for this capsule.

Is ayuveda the best remedy for Hyper acidity.

Thanks,

Santosh J
The causes for hyper acidity are many, one of the most common being H. Pylori (for which there is a breath test). It's usually treated via antacid drugs such as H2-blockers and proton pump inhibitors, or if necessary, a combination of antibiotics and antacids. If uncontrolled it can be a contributing factor to stomach cancer, particularly if there are ulcers, and even more so if it's related to H. Pylori. Ocid-20 is also known as Omeprazole, a proton pump inhibitor, and is most recognizably marketed by AstraZeneca as Prilosec. It is an effective drug in most cases not involving H. Pylori. Other options include lanzoprazole (Prevacid), rabeprazole sodium (Aciphex), and esomeprazole (Neksium).

The efficacy of aryuvedic medicine has been shown over time, but a combination approach is usually what I find best. That said, there may be options available there which would be less likely to throw the body off balance than PPI's. I would recommend exploring that option, but keeping your doctors--all of them--informed as to what you're doing.

Good luck.