I don't pass gas-is this bad?

the past 6 months or so I have been having lots of GI issues. Constipation then diahrea, weird stool shapes and colors, a lot of undigested stuff in my food, cramps, nausea, feeling full very easily, etc.

I ususally get a butterfly like feeling in my stomach and shortly after that I usually end up having a bowel movement. This maybe happens twice a day.

it just dawned on me however, that I hardly EVER pass gas anymore. I used to have awful farts when I was younger. My diet hasnt' really changed except I have stopped drinking carbonated stuff. my diet DOES NOT lack fiber at all. I also have this terribly swollen area that is tender around my diaphrgam which I thought may be costochondritis from a trauma injury a year ago. I had an endoscopy in feb said I was neg for h. pylori (my dad had it and almost died from an ulcer that bled) and that I had mild erosion in the "antrum" which he put me on 20mg prilosec for. this was attributed to my regular use of a lot of NSAID pain releivers.

is it normal NOT to fart? maybe it is becuase I go #2 so regularly? I am going to see my GI doc on thurs, should I mention this to him? what are causes for almost complete cessation of flatulence??

thanks.
It is normal not to fart.  You are probably farting without knowing it (in your sleep, as your having a bowel movement, etc.).  You can mention to this to your GI doctor but the change in the amount of gas you are having it probably just due to the change in your diet.