Gastroenterology Community
I don't pass gas-is this bad?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I don't pass gas-is this bad?

Hi,

the past 6 months or so I have been having lots of GI issues. Constipation then diahrea, weird stool shapes and colors, a lot of undigested stuff in my food, cramps, nausea, feeling full very easily, etc.

I ususally get a butterfly like feeling in my stomach and shortly after that I usually end up having a bowel movement. This maybe happens twice a day.

it just dawned on me however, that I hardly EVER pass gas anymore. I used to have awful farts when I was younger. My diet hasnt' really changed except I have stopped drinking carbonated stuff. my diet DOES NOT lack fiber at all. I also have this terribly swollen area that is tender around my diaphrgam which I thought may be costochondritis from a trauma injury a year ago. I had an endoscopy in feb said I was neg for h. pylori (my dad had it and almost died from an ulcer that bled) and that I had mild erosion in the "antrum" which he put me on 20mg prilosec for. this was attributed to my regular use of a lot of NSAID pain releivers.

is it normal NOT to fart? maybe it is becuase I go #2 so regularly? I am going to see my GI doc on thurs, should I mention this to him? what are causes for almost complete cessation of flatulence??

thanks.