Incomplete bowel movement
I have had an incomplete bowel movement for the past two months. I am very regular with bowel movements. But I now experience having stool left in the lower colon. It almost feels like a little irritation in the anus. My bowel movement occurs upon waking up in the morning. With this incomplete 'evacuation', I begin to have small gas passing after about four hours. It is irregular. Sometimes I can go for a few hours without passing gas and other times, it occurs every 5-10 minutes. I will sometimes try to have another bowel movement and this works occasionally when I pass some small stool. I try not to labor the bowel movement. I have had a colonoscopy in the last few weeks that came up negative except for mild diverticulosis. I was told to eat more fibre but I have had a balanced diet with at least 30 grams of fibre daily for a long time. I have tried increasing the fibre, but to no avail. I have a small fissure in the anus that my doctor gave me a prescription for. It is an ointment that I use infrequently and only when I experience discomfort at the initial paret of bowel movement.
Bottom line: incomplete bowel movement followed a few hours later by rectal gas, usually minor, and at time another 'small' bowel movement with a little stool and that provides temporary relief. This continues all day and usually subsides during sleep. Thanks for any help.