Increased Liver Density
Just over a year ago, I had a CAT scan performed of my chest and abdominal area.  This was done as I was having seriously bad pain on my right side.  The test results showed Abnormal -  Increased Density of the Liver.  At the follow-up visit with my G.I. Specialist, his comment/reaction to this result was:  "It's nothing", and there wasn't any need for me to put any thought into it.  As I trusted this G.I. specialist, as I had seen him for about eight years, I carried on with my life, continuing to have the discomfort on my right side.  Just in these past two weeks, the pain has gotten worse, with nausea.  What is Increased Liver Density, and what are the causes of it?  
Thank you in advance.  
Hi, just uniform increased density may not mean anything. Anytime, the test results need to be correlated with clinical symptoms otherwise they are meaningless. Its unlikely that with a problem in the liver the symptoms would not have worsened for 8 years. The symptoms you have now need to be investigated. You can consult your doctor, he may ask for blood counts and liver function tests, to detect the cause for your symptoms. Regards.