It feels like a large pill is stuck in my throat....
I'm only 27 years old and have never had any health problems.  Starting around the middle of May 09, I started getting a sore throat that has lasted until now (end of June) which is usually worse in the mornings and at night.  For about 2 weeks now I've also had what feels like a large pill stuck in the middle of my throat (where a guy would have an adams apple).  There is a palpable nodule the size of a marble attached to the left side of my throat.  I'm not a smoker or anything like that so????? It bothers me just to breathe I feel it all the time now.  When I swallow food I have to tuck my chin for the food to slide down.  It bothers me just to drink water.  What the heck is this thing?????
I don't have insurance through my new job for another 3 weeks so I'm just waiting it out.  Anyone who might have a suggestion or an answer would be greatly appreciated :)
Thank you!!!
JMF_Jenny_Penny
Make an appt. to see an Endocrinologist, it will take you 3 weeks to get in anyway.  It could be swollen lymph node, or something on your thyroid.  I had thyroid problems, and was asked if I had trouble swallowing.  But at least make your appt. so you don't have to wait any longer.