Gastroenterology Community
Kids fed on Neocate due to Cow Milk Allergy

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My Son was healthy when he was born and he was all well….it’s only after couple of weeks I and my wife found that he has cow milk allergy ….we have been to so many hospitals and more than us he suffered at lot …an adult would never fit in his shoes and experience that pain….. honestly nobody can come over the pain of those dozens of injections and repeated hospitalization….however after being hospitalized for seven times we final found a solution for his diet ..its Neocate LCP and we are feeding him on Neocate LCP since past four months ……we tried alternate diet along with Neocate milk but he is still not comfortable with it ….whenever we try something else like rice flour or just rice fining grinned, diluted and fed ,,,he start puking and goes dehydrated …….I want to know if somebody else is feeding their kid on Neocate and more important if somebody had fed their kid on Neocate and went back to normal diet ….if yes please let me know the time to time changes you made in his/her diet to go back to normal ……….I am writing this post with a lot of expectation and request you all too kindly share your experience with me …..thank you
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details such as the age of the child etc it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. There are a few breast milk substitutes that one could choose from if a cow-milk allergy is diagnosed. Packaged breast milk is also available, which may be a better substitute. Usually children with cow-milk allergy do well if the cow-milk is avoided in the diet, while allergy to other food substances may also need to be kept under suspicion. It would be best to discuss the situation and the management plan in detail with his treating pediatrician and a trained pediatric nutritionist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!