Gastroenterology Community
Kink in small bowel continued issues

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Kink in small bowel continued issues

My father was hospitalized a couple weeks ago with the diagnosis of a kink in his small bowel. It was only partially obstructed. He remained in the hospital for a week and a half. They sent him home on Monday but he is back in the ED today. He ate a little monday night and some soup and cereal yesterday. Last night he had more stomach rumbling and reflex problems. He felt so weak today they took him back to the ED. He was recently diagnosed with cancer for the second time and had just started chemo. The cancer is not in this area but he has had surgeries in this area prior so I am assuming the kink is from scar tissue???? I am concerned that he is not getting stronger or well. I imagine they might want to do surgery now??? Anyone had this problem before when the kink would not resolve on it's own?