Gastroenterology Community
LUQ abd pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

LUQ abd pain

For the past 48 hours I have had luq/epigastric abd pain.  I woke up with it, it got a little better as the day progressed, but woke me from sleep the next night.  I have GERD, a hiatal hernia and am on Nexium and Reglan.  Reglan helps, but the pain returns.  It is fairly constant, but severity is worse in early morning. There is no nausea or vomiting associated with it, fever or indigestion or reflux. I have also had a nonsymptomatic gastic ulcer in the past.  My gallbladder and appendix are both out.  It is the holiday, and I really don't wish to go to the emergency room, but am not sure I should wait another 72 hours (if pain continues) to call my GI's office.  Is it okay to wait to see my GI since I have no serious symptoms other than persistant pain?
kimmiekim