Gastroenterology Community
Liver Fat Reduction

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Liver Fat Reduction

Dear Sir,
Please find below the Biopsy report of Arati Ganguly. She had undergone liver Biopsy as part of the process of Donor Screening for liver transplant.
Observation: The nodular architecture of the hepatocytes is mildly disrupted. The hepatocyte shows vascular steatosis which is involving approx. 60% of the hepatocyte. The hepatocytes totally have a vague nodular pattern. Moderate chronic inflammation is seen in the portal track with focal interface hepatitis. Moderate fibrosis is also seen and occasional collection of lymphocyte is seen within the parenchyma.

Conclusion: Chronic hepatitis with moderate activity and fibrosis along with moderate steatosis.
      Sir, she is taking Udiliv along with Avion. Do you think any more medication is needed?
Sir, as per my understanding my mom needs to reduce weight. She is around 8-9 kg overweight. I have spoken to some institutes where they reduce weight through therapy and message. In this way if she can reduce around 6-8 kg in the next month then what is her chance to be a donor in the next 2 months? She is also in strict liver cleansing diet.
Sir, my father is in very serious condition and our Doctor has told me that we need to go for the transplant in July to avoid further complication. It is becoming very difficult for us to search for a new donor because of the different criteria like blood group and all.
Please help me with your valuable suggestion as I my whole family is desperately trying to save my father
I'm so very sorry to hear your story.  The folks here on this board are not doctors though.  You have to go to the paying side of Med Help to pay a fee to get a doc's opinion.  You might try reading through the archives here at Med Help to see if your question has been answered in the past.  There are many years of questions, advice and articles on this site that may help.