Muscle & cutaneous nerve entrapment
Has anyone had injury/strain to the abdominal Rectus muscle with tears caused by laparscopic surgery. Did you also have acutaneous nerve entrapment?

I had laparscopic surgery for gallbladder removal April 3 and still suffer from injury/strain to the abdominal Rectus muscle along with acutaneous nerve entrapment plus abdominal wall spasms. Gallbladder was too large and navel incision had to be enlarged 3 more inches for removal. I am sure lots of probing, etc. took place.

How long does it take for the Rectus muscle to heal and cyclic nerve pain to subside?

Recently started lidicane/steroid injections in the area where the bundle of acutaneous nerves travel thru a tunnel in the abdominal wall in hopes of blocking the pain. Taking a muscle relaxer, massaging area, applying Aspercream, wearing abdominal binder and letting muscle rest as much as possible.

I no longer have sudden, frequent sharp stabbing pains, but hurting and spasms are still 24/7. Had injection 3 weeks ago and again a week ago. Will go back for another injection in 6 weeks.

I am interested in others experience and what prognosis this could end up being.

Have read that 10% of laparscopic surgeries can end up with the above injury and I had to be one of the unlucky.