Opinions re: colitis vs. diverticulitis
Well today I finally got to see the actual gastroenterologist (wow!) after my ER visit on 7/18 with what CAT scan declared was "consistent with diverticulitis".  Shared with this Dr. that I had almost three weeks of diarrhea with some chills and very very tired toward the end of it and I thought I had experienced some infectious or bacterial colitis, not diverticulitis.  It seems that bowel inflammation looks very similar to diverticulitis with a bad bout of colitis and someone else in my family came down with the same thing for three weeks just after I did.  Has anyone had a similar situation?  Dr. said (of course) colonoscopy is the only way to truly know but it's possible this is not diverticulosis (which would make me very happy).  In all other respects, he said my reports regarding my bowel function seem to indicate a healthy bowel.  How likely is it that diverticulitis would just suddenly appear out of nowhere with no prior symptoms?  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.
your body can develop sensitivities suddenly.  Diverticulitis is aggravated by foods with seeds in them.  Stay away from seedy fooods and see how you feel