Gastroenterology Community
Pain, Lower Right Abdomen

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pain, Lower Right Abdomen

Hello, I am trying to find some information, I have been having pain on and off for about 8 months in my lower right front of abdomen, sometimes wrapping to the back towards right oblique... Sometimes it goes down more in the front towards groin area.  I had my appendix out about 24 years ago. 4 years ago, I had a vasectomy..and 3 years ago, I was having lower right groin pain,I had an ultrasound of my groing area, including scrotum.  Everything was okay, no problems in testicles and no hernia.  Just recently pain is back but more around where appendix used to be.. all around surgery scar to be exact.  Doctor says I tore my oblique muscle, if the pain persists, we will get xrays etc... so it did persist, so another ultrasound revealed no hernia, and all internal organs okay,, it did find a tiny kidney stone, they said it would not cause any problems, it was very very small... so basically nothing... then I get an xray of lower back.. they said I have an extra vertabrae or something, but if it wasnt causing a problem now, that it probably wouldnt, and then I got an mri of what I thought was my abdomen, but it was more of my lower back, not sure why.. but again... other than the extra vertabrae, nothing.. that was about 5 months ago,, and im still having this pain ,, any ideas.. ??? sometimes it dulls with meds,, sometimes it doesnt,, i go to the bathroom like every other day, its been that way for as long as I can remember.... any ideas.... the best way to describe is imagine a tennis ball in your lower right side, like if you where bending over, or twisting,,but there is actually nothing there at all,, ???