Aa
A
A
Close
Pain and IBS following gallbladder removal
I had my gallbladder removed last May.  I had no gall attacks as such, just continual discomfort in that area.  Gallstones were found on ultrasound hence the removal of my gallbladder.  I have suffered with severe acid attacks (e.g if I eat avocado, drink wine or fruit juice) and what I think is IBS for last few years.  I get stomach cramps and alternate between diarrhoea and constipation - I am unsure if any of this is related, but sometimes I swear I can just feel the bile pumping out and I get an stomach attack and then dash to the loo.  Unusually, fatty foods are very well tolerated - I can eat a big greasy burger and fries no problem.  (I am not really overweight - 147lbs 5'6").  My worry is that I still have a constant discomfort in exactly the place where my gallbaldder was - just like the original pain before gall bladder removed.  This areas is more sore if I've drunk alcohol.  I've probably drunk 14 to 20 units of alcohol for last 2 years (new social life) after only very occasional drinking in my 20s and 30s (maybe 20 units a year).  Followup ultrasound and blood tests have found nothing wrong in the liver area and endoscopy found inflammation in my stomach but no ulcer.  I do take Lansoprazole which helps immensely with diarrhoea, acid attacks - but not the stomach cramps and continual discomfort in gall area.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
611999 tn?1298761891
Have you tried smaller meals 6 times a day instead of larger ones.  This sometimes helps when people have trouble after gallbladder removal.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources