Gastroenterology Community
Pain on right side of abdomen at the waist

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have all my life gone to the bathroom regularly every morning.  Since about a week ago I have had very sharp pains on the right side of the abdomen, around the waist area.  Since 4 days ago I have not been to toilet without the help of a laxative.  When I breath the pain sometimes goes up to my shoulder, right side.  I sometimes feel like my intestine is bubbling.  I went to the emergency and they took blood samples and I now have to take stool samples for 3 days for analyzing.  I did not get any pain killers but I am worried of what it could be as my stomach has function perfectly well for 62 years.   Could it be gall stones? appendicitis? inflammation or blockage in the tarm?  

Can you please help me?