Pinworm treatment for children under age 2?
I was recently diagnosed with pinworms.  I contracted the parasite at work where I work with large groups of school aged children.  My family doctor confirmed the diagnosis about a week ago.  She recommended that every member of my family be treated for the parasite. She prescribed Mebendazole and Nystatin for my husband and I.

The problem is that I have a daughter who is only 14 months old.  I spoke to the pediatrician who said that the likelihood that she has the pinworms is very slim.  He also said that because she is under the age of two there is nothing that they can give her even if she does have pinworms.

From everything I've read and what my doctor told me, this is a highly contagious parasite.  If only my husband and I are treated and she has pinworms isn't there a good possibility that she could reinfect my husband and I?  Is there anything that we can give her to treat her as well?