Gastroenterology Community
Polyps found on my colon & pain in my pelvic area and lower back
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Polyps found on my colon & pain in my pelvic area and lower back

I'm a 22 year old female with no past health problems.  Two months ago, I was seen in the ER for pain in my pelvic area and vaginal discharge. I was told that I had PID but was also told that they found polyps on my colon from a CT scan I had done.  I followed up with a GYN and finished the anitbiotics but the pain or discharge did not go away and I now have lower back pain.  This week I was admitted to the hospital where the put me on IV antibiotics and I had a Laproscopy done.  They found nothing abnormal with my uterus, ovaries, etc.  The Dr. now believes that the NuvaRing(which I was using 3 months before removing it at the beginning of the pain) is what caused the discharge and that I need to see an GI for the pain.  Couldn't these polyps be causing this unbearable pain?  Are they a sign of cancer?  I know that the discharge and where the pain is located had the Dr. going in a different direction but shouldnt these polyps be removed?  If these polyps aren't causing the pain, what could it be?..... If you have any answers, similiar symptoms, or can help... PLEASE dont hesitate to share with me!  Thank you for your time to read this.