Post Cholecystectomy Diet
Less the gallbladder, I assume bile flows directly to the small intestine as it is produced, can this create negative effects for some people? Are there methods to minimize the effects? Less the gallbladder, bile is not dispensed in a concentrated form to the small intestine to aid in the digestion of fat; are there methods to assist in the digestion of fat to replace the non-concentrated bile?
We would prefer herbal remedies if at all possible,
After the gallbladder is gone the sphincter of Oddi should still help to regulate the flow of bile into the duodenum, but more bile will flow 'straight' through. However, in some people the sphincter does seem to malfunction resulting if 'free flow.' This can cause problems. For those individuals, following a low fat diet can be of help. If that fails, some try taking calcium to help 'sop up' the bile and retard the diarrhea that can result. If you're interested in that technique, goolge 'lnape and calcium.' It should lead you to links on the use of specific forms of calcium at specific intervals.

If that doesn't work, some use either welchol or a product like questran, a bile-binding resin.

There are no herbal remedies that I know of.