Gastroenterology Community
Serious pain in stomach after jogging
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Serious pain in stomach after jogging

After running 5 miles or more or 2-3 miles at a hard pace, I get serious pain in my stomach about 30-45 minutes after the run and causes me to have very frequent diarreah (diarrhea). It will be sharp pains and then it will die down and then the pain will come back again. This has happened with a couple of runs. I moved to a higher elevation from a lower elevation recently and when I was at the lower elevation I never had this problem, I could run for miles and feel fine. I have tried antiacids, pepto bismal, and nothing seems to help the pain. The pain will die down completely after about 5 hours or so. What is causing this? Can breathing in a lot of air cause something like this, since I am getting accostomed to the higher altitudes and lack of oxygen? Please help me I would like to be able to run without worring about having a painful stomach afterwards.