Gastroenterology Community
Serious pain..
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Serious pain..

Almost two years ago my gallbladder ruptured, it had gangrened and I went septic. I was put on life support due to ordain failure and the bile got to my brain.  When I finally awoke (almost two weeks later) I lost about a month of memory prior to the surgery. I recovered quickly but for the last year and a half have had severe back pain and can tell I now have a learning curve.  I'm in pain everyday and am now battling depression.  Its hard for me to work because of the pain and confusion when trying to learn a new skill. I feel like I am loosing myself and my family. Are there any related cases where help was given...or am I alone in this?
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Back pain could result from postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies, referred pain from other regions etc.; while the neurological status may require a detailed evaluation by a neurologist and the expected prognosis may vary with the diagnosis/ primary condition I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist and a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979