Gastroenterology Community
Severe abdominal cramping in waves.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe abdominal cramping in waves.

I have been suffering with severe mid-abdominal cramping for several years.  At it's peak, I was unable to eat, always feeling full, lost 40 pounds and would get waves of pain that could only be dulled by a heating pad on high.  It is overwhelming when the symptoms come on but after 15 to 30 minutes they pass.  The symptoms subsided for about 6 months but they have started again.   This is now occurring once to twice daily and is making my life difficult.  Sitting in meetings at work and trying to get passed it without making a scene is very difficult.

It kind of feels like contractions but deeper?  That's the best way I can describe it.  Any ideas?  I have been told it is stress and my body's way of telling me to relax but come on...I can be watching tv when the episodes occur.

Am I crazy? I have been for a colonoscopy and everything came back normal.  I have had a scan and nothing...but I can assure you my body is telling me there is something wrong.

Desperately needing advice or direction.