Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Pulsation

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach Pulsation

I had gallbladder removal surgery laparscopically about 5 weeks ago and have been experiencing strange stomach pulsations ever since. It feels like my stomach turns over, like a big stomach flip. It is not painful, but is quite a strong sensation. It happened serveral times a day at first and then tapered off after about 3 weeks. I hadn't had it for a couple of weeks, but it came back on Sat. and seems to be happening again. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this after a surgery?

Avatar n tn
I see that you posted your comment in 08 and I would like to know if anything came of your stomach flip/flop problem... hope it all went away with time. Reason why is I had gallbladder surgery and about 5 weeks after have had the same creepy STRONG flip/flop feelings, you can see my shirt moving that is how strong they are! I never had them before the surgery so I think it has to be something to do with having the surgery. How are you doing now?  

THANKS!!!