Stomach pains after appendix removal?
My best friend had his appendix removed a couple months ago, I'd say maybe 3 or so not really sure, fyi he is 19, and he said he has recently started feeling pains similar to when it was about to burst again but I'm guessing not as extreme but having these pains for a week now and he is pretty much refusing to go and see a doctor about it, making excuses and whatnot and his latest excuse is that he thinks he is drinking too much soda and not enough water which is causing him the pain in his kidneys or some BS.

Is there something that could be happening with maybe surgery complications or something that i can advise him on because he says it is the same kind of pains as when the appendix was about to burst but i guess not as incapacitating.
My appendix ruptured and I have had nothing but pain for the past 9 years.  Some of the pain he may be feeling could be from scar tissue forming or he may have an obstructed bowl.  Let him know that if these pains don't go away and he doesn't get them checked he could end up on the operating table again...believe me I know!