Gastroenterology Community
Strange Looking Poop

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Strange Looking Poop

I have been different poops lately. Here's a little back ground. I went to an endochronologist and found out I have PCOS, and early stages of Insulin Resistance. Currently I am working on losing weight to advoid medication. I have been dieting for the last two weeks to loose weight, I am down 10 lbs. This is also when the issued started. I am taking a prenatal vitamin, Flax Seed oil capsule, Alpha Lipoic Acid to help with the insulin/pancreas, and 15 mg of Phentermine to help control the appetite. To make sure that I have enough protein, i drink 1 Advantedge drink a day in addition to the diet. I am simply eating a lot of fruit, veggies and protein... next to no carbs. I am also checking my Blood Sugars to help me narrow down if I ate something that was the 'wrong thing' and spiked my Blood Sugar to high.

The last 3 poops I have had, have start with a lot of cramping & gas. I then go to the bathroom about 10 mins later. That poop is greenish/brown, floater, and has lots of white mucusy stuff  on about 1/2 of the poop. It looks like its a hard stool. My bowel movement doesn't stop there. After that, about 5 mins later I get crampy & gassy again, having to poop. This time is normal looking, Brown with a little green, like I've eatten alot of fiber, and all sinking to the bottom. This happens a couple more times after the 1st mucusy poop.  Once I am all done, I don't have to poop for another 48 hours, give or take. But then it happens again. I have had these episodes happen a total of 3 times and I am wondering if there is something wrong? Is the mucus bad? And What should or could i do about it??