Gastroenterology Community
Sulfur smelling belches and Diarrhea
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sulfur smelling belches and Diarrhea

I've been having diarrhea associated with some awful Sulfur smelling belches for over a week now.  I'm a type one diabetic.  Could these problems be a result of my diabetes?  I've also experienced some chills, fatigue, headaches and ache body parts. Just in case it doesn't happen to be linked to the diabetes, thought that it might be informative to let you know the other symptoms as well.  Thank you, Tina
Related Discussions
Diarrhea with sulphur belching may appear in

1. giardia (intestinal parasite acquired by food or water poisoning). Dx is with stool test for ova and parasites.
2. small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) that may appear in diabetes. Dx is with a breath test with lactulose or xylose...

3. Helycobacter pylori infection of the stomach usually doesn't cause diarrhea, chills or body aches. But it may cause sulphur burps. Dx is with urea breath test.
4. Other small intestinal disorders like lactose intolerance or celiac disease would may present with sulphur burps...

I'd recommend you having tests one by one, starting with ova and parasites test.

In meantime you can avoid eating sulphur containing foods that may eliminate sulphur smell but will not treat your condition as a whole. Check here:
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/16645
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank