Gastroenterology Community
The "Alien" Disease

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

The "Alien" Disease

It was a mixed blessing finding this board. Was relieved to find out I'm not some sort of medical mystery all by myself, but I am so discouraged to read SO MANY medical "professionals" are treating us so nonchalantly. I did a 21-day Daniel Fast through church back in January. It was after that my symptoms occurred, 3 times w/particular foods I knew had to do w/diverticulitis/losis. So I started abstaining from certain foods, & I went to my GP at the end of January. Now into the 8th month of seeing over 5 doctors & taking bloodwork, doing the H-Pylori test, a CT-scan, a small bowel follow through, an Endoscopy, & now I'm being told I need a colonoscopy. I keep telling the doctors that, in addition to pain after eating, I'm having very MOBILE symptoms: sitting in certain positions; spasming after certain activities, driving my car, bending at the waist, reaching up too high. I have constant left-sided pain, & in March, my symptoms got so much worse I thought I might have a bad ulcer. All these websites advise you on medical procedures & such -- you know, they tell you to bring information to your doctor, it will help. I have kept accurate journals of the metamorphosis of the pain & no one is reading them. I have had laryngil (sp?) reflux for years, but it has been controlled by generic prescription drugs. I KNOW the symptoms of reflux & these are NOT THEM. So when my GP wasn't aggressive enough, I took myself to an Internist Clinic. They did the CT scan & shipped me off to a Surgeon for the Endoscopy & Small Bowel test. When they got the results (which were all "FINE"/"UNREMARKABLE"), they shipped me off to ANOTHER GI doctor who now says a colonoscopy is the "next step". The only consistent finding in any of the tests so far is I have a slight dilation in my small intestine -- but they don't know why. (See continuation in next post...)
Tags: abdominal, shooting pains, internal spasms, Back pain, trapped air gas, breast bone pain