Gastroenterology Community
Transverse Stomach
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Transverse Stomach

I had a gastroscopy done privately last weeks as towards the end of last year as had been feeling sick, vomiting, loss of appetite and abdominal pain so my gynaecologist had referred me to a gastroenterologist. My first appointment he told me that because of having Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS) my insides would be stretchy and that he believed I probably had a hiatus hernia. He put me on Lansoprazole to see how it worked. I noticed the vomiting stopped and feeling sick was less intense. Then he said he wanted to do a gastroscopy which should of been done in December but my gynaecologist had to operate on me and then kept getting wound infections so I then had it done last week. Anyway the consultant told me that he had found some interesting stuff from the gastroscopy which hadn't showed up on the same test that I had done early last year though that was done by a registrar at National Health Hospital. The gastroscopy showed I have a hiatus hernia (already knew - lots of people with EDS get hernias), Transverse Stomach and bleeding and erosion of stomach. I got told the transverse stomach is a congenital problem and nothing can be done so was was wondering what is a transverse stomach as I can't find much on the internet. He also took some biopsies so will know more after that.

Just wondering if anybody have had anything similar.

Emma
Tags: Transverse Stomach