Upper Epigastric burning
Keep getting a burning sensation in the right upper epigastric region, sometimes it will be on the left side or the whole upper area. Its been going on for 4 years now I've had 2 ultrasounds negative for gallstones, negative for ulcers, just had upper endoscope and that was negative as well and when they did that test i still had food that was not digested that had been in my stomach for more than 12 hours and didnt  eat a heavy dinner. Ive tried prevacid, nexium and zegrid with no relief at all from those medications. The doctor thinks I have IBS. I have made plenty of changes to my diet over the years and it hasnt seemed to help and I get the burning sensation even when I haven't eaten anything. My doctors can't seem to figure out whats causing this.
It sounds like an ulcer, and it may have been lying under the food in your stomach.  A good Gastroenterologist would be wanting to re-do the endoscopy for this reason.  They want us completely void of food so they can view the stomach in it's entirety.  I have IBS and have never had burning in my stomach, but an ulcer will cause burning.  I had an ulcer at one time and was give Tagamet (OTC) and it worked wonders.  I still take it from time to time when my stomach acts up.  I wish you all the best and hope you get some answers, get a second opinion, I learned this the hard way.  Take care.