Gastroenterology Community
What happened?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

What happened?

I got a sinus infection 4 weeks ago, I was afraid it would go into my chest so I went to the doctor,  they put me on Methylprednisolone 4mg tablets and Avelox along with tussinex. I have a history of IBS and Diverticulitis and Shingles when my immune system is compromised.  I hadnt suffered any symptoms for a long time.  The medication did not work and i had a bad reaction to the tussinex and disscontinued it.  i went to another doctor who put me on Metronidazole 500mg, Nexium 40mg and Famciclovir, due to the fact shingles returned and my belly hurts now just below my breastbone. Im comvinced the medication did all this. The Sinus infection is beginning to clear, but I still have a cough, soar throat and now belly pain. I was wondering, I have chosen to quit all this medication because of the other things it is causing like the belly pain.  Will my stomach repair itself or am I in for a roller coaster ride? The doc also wanted me to go for a ct scan and I couldnt bare the white chalky junk with my belly hurting. What can I do Now?

This discussion is related to Antibiotic-Caused Pain?.