Gastroenterology Community
White/Cloudy substance in my stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

White/Cloudy substance in my stool

I haven't been feeling very well today.
My stomach has been quite upset from the time I woke up.
(I have a history with IBS, so usually dont think to much about it when my stomach does hurt)
A few hours later, I was sitting at my desk when I had the sudden urge to go to the bathroom (bowel movement).
I rushed to the bathroom. The second I sat down, I heard the sound of pee.
It wasn't pee.
A white substance that I can best describe as a "clean" blood clot (a fatty looking white substance) poored out of me (rectum).
The white substance was followed by stool that had a thin layer of the substance with some larger pieces hanging from it.
I have never seen or heard of this happening before.

I haven't eaten much today due to the upset stomach.
However, about 3 hours later i went to lunch with my mom and her husband.
I began to eat a little.
I, again, had the sudden urge to have a bowel movement.
I ran to the bathroom and when i sat down, more of the white substance.
Followed by stool. (both times, the stool was solid)

I went to the bathroom for a third time about 2 hours after lunch and again, the white substance (a much smaller amount) came out. This time it was followed by nothing.

My stomach still feels upset.

I am very afraid of what it could be.
I wondered if it could be intestine lining, or stomach lining?
Im not a doctor, I wouldn't know if that is even possible or what would cause something like this, if it is.

Avatar n tn
Hi Vanessa, I go through the same thing.  Also, there is another discussion group that talks about the 'tissuey substance'.  I'm just trying to find it now since I want to copy some of the statements and take them to my doctor.  I've been fighting for over 5 years now and it is hard to prove.  Nobody seems to know what the 'white tissue' is.  I think the other forum is under colon cancer so I'm going to try to check there.  Young children with the same problem and docs say it is in their head.  It's a terrible shame; but we will get to the bottom of it.  Good luck and stay in touch with the posts