cannot keep any foods down after 6 months
For 6 months I have not been able to eat anything without throwing up , nothing goes down. I have been drinking protein shakes and gained 3 pounds. I cannot eat without pain and sometimes I get severe pain in my upper right quadrant that spreads to the back. I had gastric sleeve done about 6 months ago but prior to that I ahd the same pain. any suggestions. I asked doctor to do a barium swallow but he wanted me to do a ultrasound, after 6 months he should have ordered the swallow.
Hi, your symptoms could be due to the surgery as during the gastric sleeve procedure, the surgeon removes approximately 75 to 80 percent of the stomach. Hence the problems with you retaining food. The other causes could be gastritis, peptic ulcer disease and GERD. Disorders of the liver and colon could also cause pain. Kidney disorders too produce colicky and sharp pain. Sometimes anxiety with flatulence can cause this pain. Discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time. Regards.