Gastroenterology Community
colostomy reversal

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

colostomy reversal

i had an attempted reversal last year it didnt work. the surgeon said i could try a again,i am not sure if i want to try again
Sure, you could try it again, unless you feel the operation would be too hard on you.  Might be you'd have better results if you tried another surgeon from a larger city or a university hospital.  Or use the same one, if he had good reason why it didn't work... like it was too soon to go in and try and sew things back together.  Another option I've heard of is there is a colostomy you can keep that somehow they put the waste receptacle inside the body, altho you still must empty it and so forth, but I'm vague on details because I've only seen advertisements about it.  But if a reversal won't work, could be that type will.