Gastroenterology Community
fatty liver and enlarged spleen relation
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fatty liver and enlarged spleen relation

I have a 12yoa son who has recently had an ultrasound that showed he had "fatty liver" and very enlarged spleen. His liver enzymes seem to be climbing. (20 points in 1 1/2 months) and the doctor is telling me this is more than likely all due to the fact that he is overweight. NOT obese, just overweight. All his other labs are good. No abornmalities. I would think his tryglicerides and or his cholesterol would be elevated if he had "fatty liver" and his enzymes are climbing. He has a lot of discomfort on the side where his spleen is and is scheduled for an EGD in two weeks. also, he has had bouts of vomiting since August. He had a barium swallow done also that showed inflamed duodeum and thickening of the lining of the stomach. He took prilosec for 15 days.  I am strongly considering a second opinion.
Just your thoughts would be nice. Thanks!