gallstones AFTER gallbladder removal?
Hi. I am 48 years old female.   I am 5'8".  I am 158 lbs.  Generally healthy. No medications. Do not drink.

For three days I have had pain in the mid to upper right side of my back.  While the intensity of the pain is here, it also revolves around to my front side.  At the same time, or shortly after this pain began, I began also experiencing some gas,belching, nausea.  

As I recall,  these were the same symptoms I experienced before having my gallbladder removed 7-8 years ago!  

I have had NO problems since until now.

Since this feels just as my gallstone attacks had felt, I am wondering if I could have gallstones AFTER having gallbladder removed 7-8 years ago?

If so, explain.

If not, what might this be that I am experiencing?

I move into different positions to ease pain in back.  Laying on right side seems to help to a degree. I take painkillers to sleep.

Any idea's?

Thanks!
Dawn

It is possible to have stones after the gallbladder is removed. It is also possible to have intense spasms of the common bile duct and muscular opening of the CBD to the duodenum - sphincter of Oddi. You need to talk to a good GI doc and see what testing needs to be done to get to the root of the problem. Also check into sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD).