Gastroenterology Community
horrible bloating...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

horrible bloating...

So...I have been having stomach problems for about a year.  All of my problems started during an extremely stressful time in my life.  I have had many tests done for severe abdominal bloating and pan.  When my stomach bloats I look 6 months pregnant and its so painful in my stomach and back.  I was tested and seem to be very lactose intolerant.  I was sick and bloated for 8 days after my lactose intolerance breath test.  Lactaid does not work, so I completely avoid anything with milk, eggs, or whey in the ingrediants.  I seem to have the same symptoms if I anything with oats or beans, and I also can not eat raisin bran, or shredded wheat. I have been tested for Celiac disease and it was negative.  I have also had an endoscopy done, with no awnsers.  I was told that I have an excessive amount acid in my stomach, but was not prescribed anything.  My doctor seems to be no help and says just dont eat what makes me sick...which would be fine if I could figure out what all exactly it is that is making me sick!  I have not yet had a colonoscopy, my doctor has not ordered one for me.