ongoing liquid diarrhea
Hi there,

I've had yellow liquid diarrhea for 3 weeks now. When i swallow any solid food, my stomach instantly begins grumbling like I am hungry, and my bowels go and I need the toilet immediately (it makes no difference in reaction, to what food I eat). I've no pain or cramps, or other sickness. I've been stool tested for bacterial infections and they came back 'normal', and i've had blood tests for liver, kidney, thyroid, and celiacs disease - which have come back 'normal'. I am going to go to my doctors on monday and ask them to refer me to a specialist now. I have no idea what could be wrong - please could you give me your thoughts?

Historically, i've had a touch of IBS - in the form of irregular stool-type (sometimes it is hard and painful) - and certain foods can make me feel uncomfortable and bloated (like oaty things). This has been pure liquid diarrhea and it is unlike anything related to IBS that I have had before (and I think the blood tests were for IBS and they have come back 'normal' anyway).

I had a horrible cold over Christmas, and my mother thinks this might be a flu-type thing that I cannot clear from my body. I am 27 year old female, and aparently flu affects younger people harder than those older.

I would love your opinion, so I can prepare myself for anything that this may be. I am at a complete loss now, as even Google's answers don't give me a clue!

Thanks.

This discussion is related to yellow liquid stools.