Gastroenterology Community
pain in under my left ribs and left side of my stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hi I'm a 31-year old woman and I have been suffering from pain under my left ribs and left side of my stomach since I was 26 years old. I have to mention that I have been suffering  from constipation since I was 7 years old . I've gone through several tests over these years (blood tests, feces test,ct scan, endoscopy, and colonoscopy).
Approximately 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and I was prescribed lots and lot of fiber and pills for this kind of stomach problem (hyos---something like that I don't remember the name ). However , my  pain never went away and I  have been putting  up with it for a very long time now . My pain is always there but sometimes like right now is bothering me to much . I feel weak and besides the pain mentioned before I have pain in my joints . I had a colonoscopy 2 years ago and my results were normal , but the results opf my endoscopy was H. Pylori bacteria .Immediately I was treated for this bacteria but  as I've mentioned previously the pain always stayed with me even after taking a lot of mixed medication and pills . My pain has been mild for more than a year but now I feel that it came back stronger. I saw a new doctor 5 days ago, and after getting the result from my blood test   I was told that I still have the bacteria in my stomach . My doctor also told me that  the result of my abdominal and pelvis ct scan are normal and the only problem they have found so far  is a 1.8 cm cyst in my left ovary and Helycobacter pyloric bacteria from the blood test. Once again  I was told that I had to increase my fiber intake and keep on eating fiber my whole life. My doctor said to me taht he doesnt think this is something dangerous ,nevertheless, I still have a lof of discomfort. I do not think the pain comes from what I eat since I  eat a lot of salad very little meat and I avoid junk and fried food. I'm only alergic (allergic) to clams and dust and i have to m ention that  I'm not lactose intolerant . I stopped drinking milk and coffee 7 days ago thinking that maybe these were increasing my pain but I'm in the same situation.
  I will be having  an endoscopy done next Monday , I think  to confirm the results from my blood test . What really worries me is that the doctor told me that pain caused by this bacteria does not match the location where my pain is . He affirms is gas ...well I agree on that since I'm very bloated . i feel like something is popping inside me and it foes all the way to my back. Could it  be gas?
Besides having  pain under my left ribs and left side of my belly  I'm been having body ache and tiredness and 2 days ago I saw bright red spot in my feces. I don't know if these symptoms are related  someway. Do you think its something minor? may be spasms ... everybody tells me that  since my acquaintances know I'm a very nervous person. My Ct scan result are normal. If I were bleeding inside Ct scan would have shown it , wouldn't it?

Please give me  an answer  if you understand what I am  going through.

thanks,

Zuca 31