Gastroenterology Community
severe epigastric pain w/loose yellow stools

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

hey everyone, i need some serious help here. about 10 days ago, i started getting this feeling of being uncomfortably full after eating, to the point that i didn't even want to really eat anymore. that lasted for a few days, and then out of nowhere, i just started getting explosive diarrhea. i sat on the toilet for over 2 hours and was going almost the entire time. this crazy diarrhea lasted for about 2 days, and i got so dehydrated that i could barely move, and an EMT friend had to come over and hook me up to an IV, where i put down a few lactated ringers. i started to feel better the next day, but was still having diarrhea 2-3 times a day over the next few days, not to mention everything that is coming out of me is yellow. well today, i started to feel better, and went to workout, but had to stop and come home due to severe stomach cramps in my epigastric region. i thought today i was over it all, as i was able to eat earlier today, and although my stools are still kind of loose and yellow still, they are starting to gain back some consistency. i really don't know what to do, as i don't have health insurance and i'm not in the greatest financial state. any help or ideas as to what might be wrong with me would be greatly appreciated... thanks
I had a similar experience about 15 years ago, and part of what it turned out to be was the I became border-line Celiac after I had my gallbladder removed.  It took me about 8 years of researching on my own, with NO help from several gastroenterologists, to finally figure out a way yo live again.  I suggest to you, if you can afford it, to get your intestines biopsied to see if you have the antibodies/antigens for Celiac Disease.  If you do, you need to be on a gluten free/ casiene free diet for the rest of your life.  I do this religiously and it has been a major benefit to my health.  I means you can't eat most grains and their product/by-products (which is in the majority of our food) and all dairy products and their by-products.  I don't know where you live, but on October 8 (I think) the University of Chicago on Maryland ave in Chicago is running a free screening for people to find out if they are Celiac or not.  It's the gastroenterology group who works with Dr. Guandalinni.  It's a free screening, but you have to call them to register.  At this point, all the frre screenings may be booked, but it's worth a try.  You can also see them on a regular patient basis.  I hope for the best for you.