Gastroenterology Community
sick for one year after colonoscopy

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

sick for one year after colonoscopy

Last July (08) I had a colonoscopy and the doctor removed a pre-cancerous polyp. Since that very day I have had stomach problems. The distention and bloating still exist. I went in a size 6 and came out squeezing into a size 12. My symptoms include: rock hard upper abdomen, vertigo, eating very little although feel like I ate the entire thanksgiving meal, nausea and vomiting. I suffer with upper stomach aches too. The other day I ate one container of yogurt and felt so full I had to take deep breaths to get air. For ONE ENTIRE year I have been from doctor to doctor and none of them can find the cause. I just read an article about gastroparesis and it sounds like what I suffer from. Is it possible that the doctor who did my colonoscopy damaged my vagus nerve? I have  never had stomach problems until the day of the colonoscopy. NO ONE will listen to me. I even saw my gynecologist and she told me it was MIDDLE AGE BULGE. What an idiot. Anyone who knows me looks at me and cannot believe how big and round my stomach is above the belly button. Below the belly button has deflated some and resulted in fat. All I know is that before the colonoscopy I was in a size 6 and now i squeeze into a 12. I am BEGGING anyone for some answers. I suffer from clinical depression and I am saddened to tell you that I did try to end my life because of these doctors who say there is nothing wrong with me when I know it is. And this has been going on so long its frustrating. I have had a gastric emptying test that came out negative but couldnt a test be wrong once in awhile. I am the type of person who is in the 5% of having unusual medical things happen. I AM THE ZEBRA NOT THE HORSE (if you know what I mean.)
I told this to my surgeon who took out half my thyroid and one parathyroid. After surgery he told me I was right. I asked "about what?" He said that 5% of people have parathyroids growing inside their thyroid and that was the case with me. WHEN WILL DOCTORS LISTEN TO THIS??? There is an exception to every rule and I am usually it.

sweeteee

This discussion is related to vagal nerve damage?gastparesis?.
Avatar n tn
I would like to know how this turned out.  My wife seems to be suffering the same symptoms after a colonoscopy.  thanks.