Gastroenterology Community
stomach problems

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

stomach problems

Back in Jan I woke up with nausea and I vomited a solid mass just once and felt fine after. Only strange thing was it had no odor that vomit usually has. 3 months later I was out to dinner with my kids and I had my son in law pull over so I could vomit again. I had slight nausea but no cramps like I would get if I had a stomach virus and I had a liquid very light bowel movement when I was vomiting both had NO odor and I had this for 2 whole days and went to the hospital because I was dehydrated and very week. While in the hospital I has an upper Gi and the Dr found nothing and he widened my esophagus. Now again 2 months ago it all happened again except I did not dehydrate. A Dr in the hospital thought I has gastropaparis but I was not losing the weight and it didn't happen all the time, just like every 3 months or so.
Here is my medical history. Female 62 diabetic, fibromyalgia, gerd, weight 250. I don't eat anything hot and spicy never have, I have been on medicine for gerd for at least 15 years. I just started on insulin because the metformin caused severe Bm and when I was having these stomach problems everyone thought my oral meds were not getting into my system and my blood sugar went quite abnormally high. I would just like to know what the heckl is happening to me? Anyone?

Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI infections, inflammations, motility disorders, dietary causes, medication side effect, metabolic causes etc. High blood sugar levels itself could induce vomiting. I would suggest discussing the situation in detail with your treating gastroenterologist. If a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!