terminal esophageal cancer
My mother was diagnosed with esophageal cancer on wed. july 9th.  We are fortunate enought to be located close to the Mayo Hospital in Rochester, but after the series of tests the told us it was terminal.  The cancer had spread to her liver, and to her lungs, not to mention various lymph nodes.  The doctors told us she has months to live and to get our legal affairs in order.  My question is what is a realistic time frame?  What does months mean?  My dad just retired two weeks ago and obviously this news has made him an emotional wreck right along with the rest of us.  What kind of time frame do we have as a family to look forward to and how uncomfortable is she going to be?
When a doctor tell you to get your legal affairs in order, I believe it is always best to get it done as soon as possible so that you will never have to worry about it again.  You never know what God has planned.  My brother was told his liver cancer was terminal and three weeks later we were attending his funeral.  He never had a chance to finalize all of his legal matters, and our family is trying our best to take care of it now.

Please, I know it is not something anyone should have to be through, but it will be one less load on you.  God bless and i hope for the best for your mother.