why do my burps taste like beer
I am 51 white female. I do not drink. I was recently diagnoised with gastritis.  I have uncontrollable burping that taste like beer.  Its embarrassing ,and and makes me feel ill
There's a couple things in bread-like items that will do this.  One is if you're into baking fresh bread, the yeast can be a tad on the heavy side, so you'll wind up with the beer burps, which is from the same ingredient.  Also, I used to buy stuff from the grocery store bakery, and it just doesn't agree with me.  The other one is if you've taken up a habit of eating a lot of quick-stop packaged desert snacks, or the one from the store called Entemann's, it's got baking powder galore in it, and THAT can goof up your digestion.  I might be incorrect in my information about the exact ingredient stuff, but I know that those two types of foods can cause lots of gut misery and burping.  By the way, if you drink off-brand sodas, instead of name-brand, it can make you burp too much, and will usually hurt your tummy too.  Oh, just remembered, some fruits will do this, it's better to eat them only as snacks and not with a meal.