Gastroenterology Community
yellow stools alot of gas

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

yellow stools alot of gas

I go from having boughts of constipation to boughts of loose stools with a yellow color on the toilet paper with alot of gas and  upper stomach pain right after I eat. Has anyone else had these symptoms?
  • IBS (6 replies):
    Is it normal with IBS to have yellow on the toilet paper...[more]
  • Prilosec (3 replies):
    I have been having some GI issues for almost 2 months no...[more]
  • IBS yellow poop (11 replies):
    I was diagnosed with IBS.. I am 55...I have had a cat sc...[more]
  • Yellow Coloured Stool (2 replies):
    Hi Im not sure, but is yellow, loose stools normal af...[more]
  • Yellow stool (8 replies):
    I have had a lot of bad things happen in the past four d...[more]
Avatar n tn
I'm having the exact same problem for the last couple of weeks.  The doctor thinks it's gastritis.  (I was diagnosed with gastritis after an upper endoscope last year).  The doctor wants me to take PPI or Pepcid.  I tried the pepcid and it gave it terrible constipation and an extremely dry mouth.  Then I tried Prevacid, (2 days) made pain worse, now I feel it in my back.  bloating, gas, dry mouth, nauseous, fatigue.  
Last year I was given Nexium and Prilosec with same symptoms stopped taking it after 3 days.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next.    I'm going for an ultrasound tomorrow to see if anything else is going on.  Have you been taking anything for it?