HIV Anxiety Support User Group
HIV Anxiety
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1234 members

HIV Anxiety

I was in amsterdam on the 26th April on a stag do. After 12 hours of drinking and smoking I decided to visit a sex worker. I remember going in and I think I remember removing a condom. I then remember the sex worker showing me a penis and I remember being surprised, I then remember rushing to leave. What I don't remember is what happened in between. My irrational fear is that I had unprotected sex or was anally penetrated. Although as this would have been the first time anything had been put up there I'm sure I would have felt a level of discomfort. Also if I had of had unprotected intercourse there would have been some residue on my penis. Bearing all of this in mind why am I convinced I have hiv? Also approximately 1 week after this I had unprotected sex with my 12 week pregnant wife (why I did not stop this I will never know, perhaps because I had no worries at this point). I have been feeling a mild sore throat, mild soreness around the groin, occasionally feeling nauseous, my testicles feel either hot, cold or sore, limbs sometimes feel achey (achy). I have had a blood test on 15th may and sent a urine sample. There is no pain urinating or any discharge. From reading the forums it seems that the anxiety is a common problem. How are other people dealing with this? My advice to someone posting this would be don't be so stupid!
1 Comment
These irrational fears are a product of your anxiety and guilt resulting from visiting a sex worker outside your marriage. You can be sure that there was no unprotected penetration as condom use is a very stringent safety and legal requirement in Amsterdam brothels. A CSW would be risking their health and their livelihood by engaging in unprotected sex so there would be absolutely no reason for them to do this. You definitely did not have a risk and, should you wish to test further, you can be sure that the tests will be negative.
dwella added the Mood Tracker
Oct 16
dwella joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16
Dee1956 commented on sam
Oct 15