HIV Anxiety Support User Group
touched child's blood
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1244 members

touched child's blood

yesterday at work a child of about 4-5 yr hit her head on a display cas e(i work in dept store) and got a cut about 1.5 inch long and it was gushing blood. i rushed her father into our break room and tried to get him to put pressure on the wound while i called security. he was brazilian and didn't understand english well so i pulled paper towels and put pressure on it myself. i wasn't wearing gloves because i was hurrying to stop her from bleeding. i got a little blood on my hands. i had no cuts that were visible on my hands and the blood wasn't even very visible on my hands. it's possible blood from the paper towels and tissues the man was holding brushed my hands as well. she got 2 stitches at the hospital. the family looked middle class and were young and the girl looked healthy otherwise. i was doing a react first worry later response and didn't think about hiv or hep c until now. my bf told me not to worry that unless i had a gaping wound and touched her wound with mine it isn't a big deal, but next time to wear gloves to protect myself and the victim. should i be worried? i obviously washed my hands with soap and water afterwards.
1 Comment
No risk, no need to test. HIV is not infectious outside the body. Forget about it.
tony9999 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 25
ragingpassion joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 23
AngelNegro001 is ...smart Comment
Dec 20