touched child's blood
yesterday at work a child of about 4-5 yr hit her head on a display cas e(i work in dept store) and got a cut about 1.5 inch long and it was gushing blood. i rushed her father into our break room and tried to get him to put pressure on the wound while i called security. he was brazilian and didn't understand english well so i pulled paper towels and put pressure on it myself. i wasn't wearing gloves because i was hurrying to stop her from bleeding. i got a little blood on my hands. i had no cuts that were visible on my hands and the blood wasn't even very visible on my hands. it's possible blood from the paper towels and tissues the man was holding brushed my hands as well. she got 2 stitches at the hospital. the family looked middle class and were young and the girl looked healthy otherwise. i was doing a react first worry later response and didn't think about hiv or hep c until now. my bf told me not to worry that unless i had a gaping wound and touched her wound with mine it isn't a big deal, but next time to wear gloves to protect myself and the victim. should i be worried? i obviously washed my hands with soap and water afterwards.
No risk, no need to test. HIV is not infectious outside the body. Forget about it.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
NelsonGibbs111 added the Pain Tracker
Sep 09
NelsonGibbs111 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 09
SophNM1992 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 07