Heart Disease Expert Forum
Can these symptoms be side effects??

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Can these symptoms be side effects??

Iam in Monotril 10 mg for a week because  three weeks ago was found for first time high blood pressure,140-100 in a visit to doctor. I had an ear infection and maybe this was causing vertigo to me, so he gave me other medicines too. He also put me in 50 mg of Atenolol but cardiologist told me to  eat only 10 monopril  mg because we do not know if I am hypertensive and side effects  were too much for me. Now Iam in 10 mg monopril and every day feel sick , like lightheadness, some light vertigo, and a few times I feel like if I will fall off. It is a sensation of like if I will vanish in my legs.echocardiogram and stress test were ok, also all blood and urine analysis and CTscan of head were ok.Doctor said I am very ansious and the three times I was HB presure was when I get very nervious because of vertigo. Iam 38 years old. my questions are ;
If Iam not hypertensive, will this medicines affect my health?? Iam ok in the other exams. Also are these symptoms side efects of the monopril, and if they are how long will they can be?
My cardio told me to get 5mg of monopril and if my BP arise, then take 10 mg. Are this changes ok? Or I must talk to her to change this pill. The two pills I had taken affect me this is horrible,I am thinking that the cardio told me that doctor  must  had been monitored for a week before gave me any pill, but why she continue with medicine? She told me to be in her office, in two months and she will verify if I can mantain a  low blood with diet and exercise. I expect she does this and get me off the pills. I was 168 pounds, 5'6, and now Iam 161 pounds and continue with diet. I will apprecciatte your response.
Dear lizy,
The symptoms you are describing could be side-effects of the monopril.  It is possible your blood pressure is going too low.  This will not affect your health but will make you feel badly.  I would recommend investing in an automatic home blood pressure kit.  It should be verified against your doctor's blood pressure reading at least once.  Then it can be a very useful tool in monitoring your blood pressure and in adjusting your medication if needed.
1 Comment
A related discussion, bp 140\100 was started.