Heart Disease Expert Forum
Congenital deformity with sinus tach
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

Congenital deformity with sinus tach

Posted By Heidi on June 27, 1998 at 18:15:29:

I have a couple of additional questions since my previous post.  I have the left superior vena cava deformity.  I read an article a while back stating that there have been many cases of patients developing inappropriate sinus tachycardia after RF ablation for AVNRT..  I was wondering if this was common knowledge, and if it is indeed true.
Also, I am on verapamil 40 mg 4x a day and atenolol 25mg 3x a day.  This isn't controlling the sinus tach.  I went to the ER a while back when I couldn't get the rate to go down.  After a couple of injections through my IV they gave up.  My HR wouldn't go below 140 for more than a minute or two, and they said they couldn't give me any more medication.  Isn't there some type of medication more effective than what I am currently taking?  Also, my local cardiologist is hesitant to send me to an electrophysiologist...  he keeps trying different doses of my medication.  I am getting tired of playing around with meds, and would like to have an EP study done.  Any suggestions?