Heart Disease Expert Forum
Congenital deformity with sinus tach
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Congenital deformity with sinus tach

Posted By Heidi on June 27, 1998 at 18:15:29:

I have a couple of additional questions since my previous post.  I have the left superior vena cava deformity.  I read an article a while back stating that there have been many cases of patients developing inappropriate sinus tachycardia after RF ablation for AVNRT..  I was wondering if this was common knowledge, and if it is indeed true.
Also, I am on verapamil 40 mg 4x a day and atenolol 25mg 3x a day.  This isn't controlling the sinus tach.  I went to the ER a while back when I couldn't get the rate to go down.  After a couple of injections through my IV they gave up.  My HR wouldn't go below 140 for more than a minute or two, and they said they couldn't give me any more medication.  Isn't there some type of medication more effective than what I am currently taking?  Also, my local cardiologist is hesitant to send me to an electrophysiologist...  he keeps trying different doses of my medication.  I am getting tired of playing around with meds, and would like to have an EP study done.  Any suggestions?