Heart Disease Expert Forum
Exercising with stent in extreme temperatures

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Over a year ago I had two stents in the left anterior descending artery that was 99% .blocked . I was a 70 year old woman who was in very good physical condition.  I have always exercised and several weeks after the proceedure I continued my routine of at least 4-5 days a week of aerobic and weight training.  My question is concerning exerecising in extreme temperatures.  While playing golf, I have been walking and carrying my clubs with temperatures in the high 90's.  I will soon be hiking in the West where I will deal with altitude. I seem to tolerate extreme temperatures but want to be sure I am not doing any damage.
Hello. The extreme temperatures that you describe should not cause any harm. If you are not having any symptoms of chest pressure or pain, shortness of breath, or increased fatigue, then you likely have nothing to worry about with the stents that were placed two years ago. Continue to take your medicines, exercise, and stay active. If you develop any symptoms, please contact your doctor. If you are compliant with your medications and maintain a healthy lifestyle, there is very little chance that the stents that you have will become blocked in such a short time period.