Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart Disease and Insurance

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Heart Disease and Insurance

I am a 38 yr old male living in the U.K. I have a VSD with secondary PH, I
  am purchasing a new house and need life assurance.  Does anyone know of a reputable
  Insurance company or broker that is sympothetic to people with a heart problem?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Keith:
Being based in the United States, I am not very familiar with life insurance companies in the United Kingdom.  I know that you would have an extremely difficult time getting life insurance in the U.S.A.  It may be wise for you to meet with a financial consultant locally; that person could direct you to possible insurance companies.
I wish you the best of luck.
Information provided here is for general purposes only.  Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and treatments.  If you would like to be seen at the Cleveland Clinic, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE for an appointment at Desk F15 with a cardiologist.