Heart Disease Expert Forum
Kawasaki
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Kawasaki

hi, I am an Ayurvedic physician from India.
My nephew ( 4 1/2 yr old) recently got diagnosed with kawasaki disorder.
Though he did not show all the classical signs n symptoms of the disease, his 2D echo did show mild dilatation of left main coronary artery.
Post IVIG  treatment and current Aspirin dosages..his 2D reads.. " Left main coronary artery 0.33cm, Z score is +2.25.
Right coronary artery  0.15 cm '"

Does the above result denote any significant concern? What is the prognosis? any preventive care to be taken?
thanks.
1495448_tn?1326846430
Sorry to hear your nephew is having some trouble.  Those coronary artery diameters appear relatively normal for a child his age.  Fortunately it sounds as if he is receiving appropriate treatment.  The mortality rate in the US for treated Kawasaki patients is less than 0.01%, so the prognosis is good.  The peak frequency of aneurysm formation in the coronary arteries is usually about 4 weeks into the course of the illness.  I'm not sure how far into the disease process he is at this point.  Stay in close contact with your nephew's pediatric cardiologist, sounds as if he/she is treating him appropriately.  Best of luck!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank