Heart Disease Expert Forum
Multiple PVC's in a row.

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Multiple PVC's in a row.

I'm a 48 year old female. I've had PVCs for 25+ years and take InderalLA 60 mg for 24+ years.  In the past several months I began having more frequent episodes and more continuous irregular beats on top of each other that leave me feeling awful, weak, and a headache.    I wore a CadioNet monitor for 2 weeks and thought my heart behaved pretty well, but they did catch many single PVC's but one episode of 6 in a row.   That terrifies me.  How dangerous is it to have 6 in a row like that?  Nurse called me on the phone and told me to increase my Inderal to 80mg and then if that doesn't work they can try another medicine.    What is the treatment and outlook for someone like me who has episodes of multiples in a row?
Sorry to hear you're having so much difficulty.  Multiple PVCs in a row can also be ventricular tachycardia, which carries different consequences than isolated PVCs.  It sounds if your physician has you on appropriate medication and is monitoring you closely with cardionet.  If these runs continue or are associated with significant symptoms such as lightheadedness, passing out, chest pain, shortness of breath, it may be worth readdressing and considering other treatment options.  Keep in close contact with your physician.  Best of luck to you.